Saturday, July 17, 2010

Manti Pageant


L to R- Bella, Ginger, Tiffany, Shelby, Payton, Kellie. My cute young women




For those of you who don't know I'm involved in the young women's program in our ward. I am the 2nd counselor in the young women's presidency. The youth decided that for there combined activity for the summer that they wanted to go see the Morman Miracle Pageant in Manti, Ut. I had never been so I was really excited. Me and Ginger Valora were the young women leaders to go. We had 6 girls go and that was awesome!!!! None of them had ever been!! When we arrived we went to the KOA were we were staying with the boys. There were so many people there. I didn't understand actually how many people attended this event. I was amazed. After camp was set up we headed into town to the stake center were dinner was being served. We had BBQ turkey. It was delicious. I was a little skeptical but it was so yummy!!!! Then we headed to the temple. I have never even been to the Manti temple. I was amazed!!! How beautiful!!! I wish we could of went inside!!! Next time I think we will do baptisms for the dead!! Anyways what a sight to behold. During the pageant it captured every ones attention. I was amazed when Moroni was on top of the temple! I felt the spirit so strong! I'm a cry baby so of course I was crying threw the whole performance. It touch the girls too!! They were crying!! Everyone of them said that they want to come back next year. I'm so glade that they felt the spirit. It made it all worth it. The drive the girl drama and everything else. I'm so thankful for my wonderful calling. There is not better!!





No comments:

Post a Comment