Thursday, December 8, 2011

Gingerbread Fun

I love to make gingerbread houses. Every year we try to make one .Usually they come from the kits that you can buy at the stores.  However this year my Grandma Cunningham called and asked if I would like to make her homemade ones.  I was so excited because I have always wanted to learn how to do them.  She has made them every year for as long as I can remember.  As a little girl I can remember getting them in the mail from her.  Yes they would survive the long journey from California.  Grandma told me that she has been making these houses since her kids were little and she doesn't want the tradition to die.  She wanted me to learn how.  It was really fun to go over and have her help me. Jared and
Aimee also went over too.  It was a competition to see who house was the best.  Aimee and Jared put a driveway in front and brought a NASCAR car to park in it.  I was laughing so hard.  Their house by far turned out the best!!  My house didn't turn out awesome but I tried!!!LOL   I put way to much candy on the roof!! Next year I will know better.  Curtis also made a house because their was an extra.  He ended up giving it to his mom and dad.  They couldn't believe that he decorated it because it was really good.  I had to laugh!!   I cant wait to start making these houses with my boys.  Its a wonderful tradition to pass on.  Thanks Grandma for sharing it with me.

My A frame Gingerbread house





2 comments:

  1. Oh I am jealous I have always wanted Grandma to teach me how to make these. I used to love them as a kid as well I can still smell the frosting, isn't it vinegar or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok girls let's keep it going. It looks great! I want to see the others.

    ReplyDelete