Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ward Christmas Party

I took the boys and Jace's friend Isabel to our ward Christmas party.  I kept thinking how brave I was for taking 3 kids by myself.  Curtis was going to meet up with us later at the church.  We had a wonderful dinner.  The kids totally chowed down on everything.  So far so good.  They were being surprising lee well.  Curtis finally arrived just in time for the primary kids to go up and sing a few songs.  Jace and his friend Koda were being such clowns.  Making faces, pushing each other pretty much  doing anything you can think of that 2 boys would do in front of a crowd.  Then Jace jumps off the stage.  By this time I told Curtis to get up there and grab Jace.  It was getting pretty embarrassing.  While Curtis was en route to the stage, Jace leans over the edge of the stage and his friend pushes him and all I see is Jace going head first to the ground and then a BIG thump.  They stop the program and it is dead silent and all i can hear is Jace screaming.  Am I a mean Mom because i didn't rush up there.  This happens at our house on a daily basis.  So of course I'm sitting in the back.  I get up slowly make my way to the front as everyone is staring at me.  I get up there and I guess he landed on his knees.  This was good because I was expecting blood everywhere from a face plant.  I take him out and look him over.  I was so embarrassed!!! The funny thing was everyone that knew Jace was like "we weren't to worried, it was Jace and he is tough.  He is the kind of kid that bounces right back."  What an eventful night.  So now everyone is going to remember this  ward party as the party were the kid fell off the stage!  After we got him settled down Santa came with Mrs. Clause and 2 elf's.(2 of my beehives volunteered for the job)  The kids were so excited.  When we got up there Jace and Cade and Isabel went right up to him and told them they have been good(hahahahaha) and what they wanted this year.  Jace wanted a lego, Cade wanted a car that goes beep beep and Isabel wanted a Barbie.  After this it was so time to leave. Everyone kept coming up and asking how Jace was.  Oh man I just wanted to get out of there.  What a night to remember.
Jace and his best friend Isabel
This is the start of the goofing off. Jace is on the right flapping his arms
Jace

Cade

Isabel
Ginger Valora and Erin Richards
Erin Richards and KaAolana Ufford
After seeing Santa they got goodie bags full of treats

No comments:

Post a Comment