Friday, October 15, 2010

The Glue that Holds us Together

My father in law Wayne turned 58 on Oct. 14!! Happy Birthday Dad!!  We love you.  I might be bias but I have to say that I have the best father in law in the world.  He is always there for us and he always has the answers to everything.  He is a very wise man.  This year for his present we were trying to think of something that he would love to have.  Debbie suggested we get him some large print scriptures.  So I called all the siblings and they said lets do it!!  Wayne was so surprised when he opened them up.  He has wanted some for forever.  It made us feel really good because we new he really, really loved his gift.  For his birthday dinner he wanted KFC.  So we went over for dinner and cake and ice cream.  All Cade wanted was the cake.  Both of my boys are such candyholics!!! Its kind of scary!!LOL  Debbie got Wayne the cutest card I have ever seen.  It was two little kids holding hands walking with there backs to you and you open it and it said "I will never let go, Never."  Wayne and Debbie are such a great example to me.  The are just darling.  Our card said something about the dad being the glue that holds the family together.  I think that is so true.  Wayne is the glue to are family.  All of his boys are so close to him.  We really are such a close family.  Glue is so important and Wayne is that glue.  I'm so thankful to have been blessed with such wonderful in laws!
Grandpa Wayne

Grandma Debbie and her little Cade Man!!

Chowing down on Chicken and Rootbeer! YUM

Curtis and Jace relaxing waiting for cake

Every birthday Jace and Cade has to help blow out the candles. So of course Grandpa was
going to let them help.  They got the job done between the two of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment