Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

Every year I look forward to Halloween.  First of all it starts off all the wonderful holidays that we all love.  Second I get to spend time with all of my family!!  We are a crazy bunch, but we love each other tons. Aimee took the reins this year with our annual Hancock Halloween Party Extravaganza!! She did a really good job!!  On Friday I still didn't have costumes for me and Curtis.  So Aimee and I went to Old Hags and Bags.  I found the coolest clothes for my old lady costume.  By the way that store is totally awesome.  I will so be going back again.  Then we hit the DI and got Curtis costume.  Aimee totally scored at the DI.  She got a pre lite Christmas tree that looked brand new for $5.  She was so excited!!  Then we hit Wal Mart and got the food.  This took 5 hours.  By the time we were done it was to late to get started baking.  That night we went to the Corn Maze in Bluebell, Ut.  Me and Curtis, Aimee and Jared, Jordan and Joey and Debra Slaugh and there kids went.  It was so stinking cold!!! If we go again I'm so wearing more layers.  We had a really good time.  I love to hang out with  my family.  So on Sat. the baking began.  I went over to Aimees and we got started.  I made pretzels dipped in Carmel and chocolate, sucker oreos dipped in white chocolate and Twinkies mummies and they were dipped in choc and then drizzled in white choc.  The food was so yummy!! We also had 4 different soups to eat in cute pumpkin bread bowls.  I would like to thank everyone who brought stuff!! You are awesome!!  I looked at the clock and it was 3 10 and we had to be at Debras neighborhood at 3 50!!!   We got dressed in record time.  Jace was Darth Vador and Cade was Donald Duck.  I am suppose to be an Yeta from The Nanny but I couldn't find grey hair paint so I'm not sure what I look like!!  Curtis was my little old husband.  We totally rocked our outfits!!!  After we went and did all of our trick or treating which consisted of Debras neighborhood trunk or treat, Sis Valoras house and Jareds neighborhood we headed to back to Jared and Aimees for the party!!  Our family is getting so big.  Next year we are going to have to rent somewhere.  We had a ton of people in there apartment.  It was a blast though.


My nephew Easton getting ready to go trick or treating


Jace and Cade getting ready to hit the neighborhood

Trick or Treating at Grandpa Spaffords house.
L to R- Jace, Easton, Jerika and Cade
At our Halloween party we ate and played games and enjoyed each others company.  We played pictonary.  Then we had to take a bit of these apples that were hanging from string.  It was really hard.  Jordan won that game.  Then the kids had to do the same thing with donuts.  It was so cute to watch them!!


Everyone costumes was great.  This is going to take a bit but here is the run down.  Mom was a bag lady, Dad was a hunter is his gilly suit, Jared and Aimee were pirates, Jordan was a hippie, Jerika was a fairy princess, Me and Curt were a retirement couple, Jace was Darth Vador, Cade was Donald Duck, Debra and Joey were Nerds, Konner was a penguin, Wayne was a cowboy, Debbie was and angel, Jerfrilyn was a witch, Robert was a scary skeleton guy??, grandma and grandpa were an nursery rhyme characters.

Me and Curtis
My bag lady mom and my brother Jordan and my nephew Easton

Jace

My BFF Debra Slaugh

Grandma Cunningham and my Dad

Me with my nephew Konner

Cade with his Uncle Jeremy

Grandma and Grandpa Hancock with their grandson Konner

My 2 studly brothers Jordan and Jeremy

My sister in law Dianne and cute little Konner

My mother and father in law Wayne and Debbie Spafford

Curtis and Dad

Grandma and Grandpa Cunningham

My sister in law Aimee and Easton

Grandpa Horrocks with the Spaffords
We also have another traditon goes along with the party.  Its a costume contest.  Who ever wins gets bragging rights and the trophy to display at there house for the year.  Curtis won last year so he had to pass along the trophy to the new winners.  We also added two new categories- Funniest and Scariest.  So drum roll please............ and the winners are............. Funniest costume went to ...... Jordan and his hippie costume
Scariest costume went to........... my mom Becky the bag lady!!!!!  and this years BEST costume winner is............................. Grandpa and Grandma Cunningham!!!!!  Enjoy your trophies and I'm going to win next year!!hahahahaha So you better watch out!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment