Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Saterday

We woke up early this morning to meet my brother and his wife Aimee and my nephew Easton at Smiths.  It was really fun.  The kids got to eat breakfast which was chocolate milk and donuts.  They thought they were yummy.  After that we got ready for the egg and candy hunt.  The boys were so very excited. Jace and Cade got so much candy.  They filled their baskets to the top.  I will defiently go back next year.  Not to crowded and all the kids went a way with something. Afterwards they had to go show Grandpa and Grandma Spafford all their candy.  Next we went with Jared and Aimee up to Jubilee to meet the Easter Bunny and decorate sugar cookies.  Cade wasnt to sure of the Easter Bunny but once we gave him a stuffed animal he was ok. Easton on the other hand didnt like him much.  We had such a good morning.  At noon we went over to Curtis parents house for a bbq.  It was so yummy!!  I ate so much potatoe salad!! YUM! After we ate me and Debbie went and hide the eggs.  The boys loved looking for the eggs.  They each got an egg with an X in it and they won a prize from Grandma.  They were a bucket and a shovel for outside.  So cute. My  mother in law always finds the cutest stuff at the hospital gift shop.  After that we headed home so the boys could take a nap before we headed up to the rec center.  My brother Jeremy was having his bday party there.  The boys love to swim. Jace more than Cade.  We got up there and only my Dad, Jordan, and Jerika showed up. I guess when they went to pick up Grandma Horrocks from the Beehive home she had fell and the ambulance was taking her to the hospital. My mom went with her.  She ended up breaking her hip and has to have surgery tomorrow at noon. She is 92 and its a very high risk surgery but not doing it is dangerous too. We are just hoping that she will make it.  We lost my Grandpa Horrocks 24 years ago on Easter Sunday so we are all a little nervous.  I cant imagine her gone.  We are keeping positive though. So back to the bday party.  We were all there minus mom.  I wasn't going to go swimming but got talked into it. I hate wearing a swim suit but what can you do.  Me and Jeremy and Jared and Dianne went down the water slide. Holy Crap!! You get hauling and let me tell you it was the first time I have ever had a water wedgie!!!LOL We  had to drag Jerika out of the pool. She loved it. It was a very fun day.  Tomorrow we have lots planned.  Its been a busy weekend and we have loved every minute of it.
Cade and Jace at Smiths with their candy

Jace got so much!!!

Jace and Cade in back and my nephew Easton and his cousin Sydney

Jace and Cade with the Easter Bunny at Jubilee

Me with the boys after decorating their cookies. Cade was having a meltdown because he didnt want to leave the store and he was so tired!!

Egg hunting at Grandpa and Grandma Spaffords

Jace with his prize

Cade loves opening eggs. I think he had more fun doing that than anything.

My peep flower cake that I made for dessert

Not the best pic of me lol but this is my brother Jeremy . He turned 26 on April 22nd. We are 16 months apart and have always been close.  Love ya little brother!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment