Wednesday, May 11, 2011

U of U Hospital

On wed. May 4th 2011 my father in law had to have his aortic valve replaced. So it basically was open heart surgery.  Curtis and I left the kiddos at my sister in law Aimee's house on Tue night and they had a sleep over so that we could get on the road really early.  Aimee is so awesome. I owe her so much.  She is always there to help me out!! Love ya tons Aimee!!!  We were both really nervous about this operation.  When we were like 5min from the hospital my sister in law Kamiah texted me that she was in the ER with her husband Tony which is Curtis older brother.  I guess as the doc was explaining the details of the surgery he passed out and then he started seizing.  So when we got to the hospital I headed to the ER and Curt headed to find his Mom.  I felt really bad for Tony because he was beating himself up for it happening right before they were taking Wayne.  They ended up deciding it was just stress that caused it all.  After all this Curt started getting a migraine and we had to go to the pharmacy and get his meds transferred.  Once we got them he was sweating and all red.  It was a really bad migraine.  So to say the least Curt went to sleep for awhile!!LOL  We had a lot of fun in the waiting room catching up with everyone.  We hadn't seen Tony and Kamiah since last summer since they live so far away.  Marc and Britni and Natalie came up also.  It was good to see them to.  I love hanging out with Curtis siblings. They are so much fun.  I love my sister in laws Kamiah and Britni.  We have a lot in common and get along really well.  Wayne was in surgery for 5 hours.  We were so excited to see the doc come out and say that it went good.  The only thing is that he couldn't be off his breathing machine and was really knocked out still. So he said it that Wayne would be really critical until he woke up and could breath on his own.  After this we all headed down to the ICU waiting room, which was a hallway because they were remodeling.  So we all took a seat.  When it was our turn to go back it brought back a lot of memories from a month ago with my Dad.  Its just to hard to see a parent so helpless and so many tubes coming out of them.  After all the kids got to go back we decided to leave for a min.  We went down to the Gateway Mall and walked around and had dinner.  When he was awake Debbie called us and we went back up.  We got there just barely in time for Curt to jump out of the car and run to his room to see him.  We felt that it was OK to go home.  It was hard to leave Debbie there because I know how hard it is just by watching what my Mom went threw.  Marc and Britni stayed with her so that was good.  Wayne stayed in ICU until May 10th.  He has had a hard recovery with some complications. He is doing better today and they said he might get to come home tomorrow the 12.  The boys cant wait to see him.  We just want him home so he can heal and get back to his old self again. Debbie has had to spend Mothers Day and her birthday out there. So when she gets home I want to do something special for her. She deserves it. I'm just so thankful for medical technology and all that they can do with it.  It amazes me the things that can be done these days. 
Tony, Curtis and Kamiah hanging out in the waiting room

Marc and Debbie

My niece Natalie

Curt after he took his medicine. He was totally snoring he was so out of it.

We were board sitting in the hallway so we decided to take some
lovely photos!! Kamiah and Me

Kamiah, Me and Britni

Love this one


Me and Curtis at the mall.  Yes everyone I know, he is smiling!!!hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment