Sunday, July 10, 2011

Girls Camp

This year our stake went up to Heber Valley Camp.  We were at the Eliza R Snow campsite. Our value this year was Knowledge so we were green!!  I was fortunate to go up the whole week along with our YW President Cherry Colton, 1st counselor and camp director Ginger Valora and our beehive advisor Chelina Samuels.  We had such a great time.   I love those girls!!! Heber Valley Camp is the temple in the mountains and I believe that with all my heart.  This was my 4th time going up as a leader and I thought this time was by far my favorite.  I felt the spirit so strong up there.  I love Girls Camp.  We got to go to Legacy lake and the girls got to go in canoes and the adults got to go in paddle boats.  Once they got out there the had 2 min of silence and sang I feel my Saviors Love.  It was an amazing experience.  We had a fireside on our country. Which was so emotional for me. I love this country and am proud to be a citizen.  One of the YW from our ward Shelby sang the national anthem and there wasn't a dry eye by the time she was done.  She is so amazing.  We got to go to the challenge course and i went on the swing!! It was so cool and so very high up!!  The girls really worked well together on all of there challenges.  Wed. night our 4th year girls were leaving to go on the over night hike and it started raining so bad!! They still wanted to go,which was so impressing!!!  They got rained on hard all night along!! It was so bad!! Thank goodness we were in cabins.  The next morning the hikes got canceled which wasn't a bad thing!!LOL  We got to hang out with the girls.  We covered the mini book of Mormons with scrapbook paper and gave them to our secret ward. They had such a good time making them.  Thur. we had a spa day, which i didn't love but hey the girls did. We painted nails and toes and did facials, which totally broke me out!!! The older girls did every ones makeup and they look so beautiful. That night Bishop Rowell and his wife came up. Sis Rowell made all of us shirts. They were really cute. We had a great dinner and than a wonderful testimony meeting.  Holy cow I cried so hard. All of our girls bore there testimonies and that has never happened before.  The spirit was so strong.  The next morning we woke up and cleaned and headed home.  It was a great week. We survived cutes, burns, bloody noses, homesickness, periods!!!, and weather. I was so proud of my YW. They are awesome girls!!!
Vernal 4th Ward YW-Back- K.J., Shelby, Nicole, Kellie, ME, Cherry
Middle- Tiffany, Mesa, Sydney, Stephanie, Brittney, Emma
Front- Ginger and Erin

Erin- Every picture I have of her, no matter what she is doing this is how she is posing!!! Love this girl!!

K.J, Kellie, Erin- out on Legacy Lake

Emma, Stephanie, Brittney

Me and Ginger

Cherry and Nichole

Ginger put spray cheese all over Sydneys face!!

At the challenge course. Nichole, Kellie, Sydney
Shelby and Tiffany getting ready to do the high course

Awesome Leaders!!! Me, Ginger and Chelina

Nichole, Shelby, Kellie getting ready for the 4th year over night hike!!

It was raining so hard!! Poor 4th year girls!!

Our Knowledge Flag

Hanging out because of the weather Cherry and Kellie

Spa Day!! Tiffany, Erin, KJ, Stephanie

They even talked the brethren into have facials and manicures!!
L to R- Bro Kay, Bro Manwaring, Bro Allred, Bishop Atwood

No comments:

Post a Comment